Sunday, January 29, 2012

CRUISE SHIP 2012!!!

It's finally time for me to officially spread the word about my big news. I recently obtained a job working with the Steiner Company aboard one of their cruise ships!!! To work aboard a cruise ship has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. Words can't describe how ecstatic I am about this.
I went to Vegas at the beginning of Decemeber to interview. It was a long, intimidating process. Out of 30 people, 2 people got the job. One of those people was ME!!!
I will be heading to London on March 10th where I will comense training. Training can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks depending on how quickly you pick it all up. (So I'm sure I'll be done in 2 weeks. :P ) AFTER that is when they will tell me what ship I will be on and where I am going. (Steiner owns all the cruise lines except 2, and I forget which those are.)
Once I'm on the ship, my 9 month contract begins. This of course means that I will be gone until probably January 2013. (Yes I will be spending the possible apocolypse on a ship.)
This is a very big deal for me. The idea of being away from my loved ones for 9 whole months is scary and intimidating. As is working for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week! BUT I know that this is exactly what I need. I need to get out of my comfort zone. Away from the people I hide behind and drown myself in. Time for me to just be ME. By myself. To rediscover who I am.
No phone and limited internet access. Just me, my massages, and the open ocean.
Bon Voyage Land!!!

No comments: