Monday, May 18, 2009

Time is drawing near...

Though I thought the last couple weeks would fly by, they have actually not disappeared as quickly as I had predicted (and it's not because I wasn't having fun).
Now that I am approaching the last two weeks of my time here in Utah I find myself letting my mind wander through memories of times I have spent here... in places I will not be going to for a while, and people I will not see for a bit. I also find my mind ecstatically racing towards thoughts of the future and what this summer will hold for me.

This summer is going to be all about me. In fact, my goal is to --for the first time in my life-- be absolutely selfish. As previously stated, I am shutting my phone off. I have no idea what the internet situation is like, though I can only imagine I will be too preoccupied with the beauty of the nature to even want to check it out. (at least not very often) Therefore, I can predict that I will be loosing touch with many of you... but I hope that you can understand that this is something I have to do for myself and that when my time in the wilderness is done, I will be reaching out to all of you, my loved ones.
I cannot promise that I will move back to Utah, as it has always been my dream to get out of here, but I can promise that I will come back to visit.

I am almost certain that this summer is going to open many doors for me, and help me learn how to be fully independant outside of my comfort zone. That it will teach me to spread my wings, so-to-speak. If this summer in Montana can jump-start the traveling section of my life then I will neither fight it or deny how much I want it. I will fully endulge in any endeavor this adventure brings to me. It is time for me to focus on myself, and to learn exactly who I am and exactly what I want from this life that I call my own. It is time for me to devote all of MY power too ME. Too long have I been handing out my energy and my power to make others happy. I can no longer do this, as it is stunting my soul from the growth that it longs for and craves.

Packing my things will be hardest part of the journey. It will be a clear indication that I am packing away my life here in Salt Lake. It has been a magical experience, both very good and very bad; but I have learned so very much from it all.
I would like to thank all of you who have touched me in one way or another:

To my girls who taught me the true importance of having girlfriends,
and the true force of 'girl power,'
I salute you!
To those of you who showed me what love is like.
What it can be, and what it is definitely not,
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
To those of you who showed me that no matter how well you think you know a person,
they can always surprise you. That you should never fully trust anyone,
because we are all humans and we all have our flaws,
I am sincerely grateful.
To those of you who made me feel loved and beautiful,
Who have helped me grow strong by pointing out my flaws only to be helpful.
Those of you who were there for me,
and supported me in any and all endeavors,
well, I LOVE YOU,
and will always keep you close and dear to my heart!!!
I will never forget any of you, nor will I forget the lessons you have taught me.
Cheers to adventure!!!
*LOVES*
Yours Truly,
Crystal And

No comments: