Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Misson/Goal Statement

As an assignment for school I had to write a Mission Statement and a Goal Statement for my future career choice.
When we got the assignment, the writer in me climbed up on her high horse and said, "Oh this will be the EASIEST assignment EVER!" However, I have found that to be quite the contrary. I suppose it's because this really makes you think. I mean, it's so personal, putting on paper the desires that you often just fantasize about in your head.
Also made it tricky that it had to be career oriented, and that I couldn't add things to the list like "marry a millionaire." (even though we all know that's what's going to happen to me. right mom?)

Anyways, I think I have finally gotten them done. Course, knowing me and how much I revise my writings, they could still change. But for fun, I decided to post them here on my blog for y'all to read. Feedback is encouraged.
__________________________________________
Mission Statement:

My mission as a licensed massage therapist, is to provide therapeutic massage and bodywork for the enhancement of the health and well-being of my clients. I will provide a relaxing, compassionate, and stress-reducing massage to revitalize their most precious resources for physical, mental, and emotional health. I will provide a safe, calming, and professional environment where they can come and release tensions, relieve pain, and rejuvenate their bodies. My continuing education schedule is the assurance of increased training to offer greater value and new services and techniques to my clients.



Goal Statement:

First and foremost my goal is to pass the comprehensive exam and graduate Myotherapy College. I intend to use my massage therapy license to insist me in my quest to see the world and help fuel my love for traveling. When I decide on a place where I want to settle down, my goal is to find a workplace that suits all my atmospheric requirements to enhance my excellence as massage therapist. I intend to expand long term, client-focused relationships; and to continually improve my techniques and products through involvement in associations and through communications with clients and peers. My overall goal is to achieve a life of peace and serenity working to benefit the health and well-being of the people around me.

No comments: