Thursday, June 3, 2010

R.I.P. Rue McClanahan

Rue McClanahan, the Emmy-winning actress who brought the sexually liberated Southern belle Blanche Devereaux to life on the hit TV series "The Golden Girls," died this morning. :(
(for more info: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37490180/ns/today-entertainment/ )

I don't think I need to reiterate my intense LOVE for the Golden Girls, BUT I would like to share this quote by Rue that I read on msnbc.com:

"Golden Girls" aimed to show "that when people mature, they add layers," she told The New York Times in 1985. "They don't turn into other creatures. The truth is we all still have our child, our adolescent, and your young woman living in us."


I don't care who are, or how old you are, The Golden Girls is pure comical GENIUS! I often get crap for liking it... but only from people who have never given it a chance. I have sat people down and forced them to watch it, and they always inevitably say, "okay you're right...it IS funny."


So go watch The Golden Girls in memory of all these
wonderful, amazing, talented, and charming women.

I LOVE YOU LADIES!!!

No comments: