Monday, September 7, 2009

The house on the lake

Just wanted to check in since I've haven't written an actual blog about life lately. Nothing has changed, I've still just been relaxing here in the house on the lake. I have started reading Twilight again.... i know... watch out.

This weekend I went and saw David Allen Coe in concert...it was the night before his birthday, the man is now 70 years old!!! I can't believe he is still doing concerts. If you don't know who he is, look him up. He one of the original "outlaw cowboys" from back in the day. Some of his best friends include Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and Merle Haggard. He is a badass, and still puts on a great show.
The show was at an outdoor "amphitheater" .....which I put in quotations because it wasn't so much an "amphitheater" as much as an outdoor covered stage. And thanks to the predictability of the northwest weather, it rained (on and off) on us. But that didn't make it any less fun.

I finally got offered a job... it is at a bank. It is very nice pay and I'm sure there are benefits, (I haven't covered all the details yet) it's located in Portland. The only downfall would be that I would have to drive for an hour to get there, and another hour to get home. But I can do it. The sooner I start getting a paycheck, the sooner I move down to Portland anyways.

Really nothing else to report worth reporting. Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekends!!! (I bet it'd mean more to me if I actually had a job to take time off of.. ha)
I need a beer....

P.S. Did you know that Miller Light has only 64 calories?!?! YUP! It is my new favorite beer!!! It's pretty much the same as Pabst (course in a taste test, I still chose my trusty PBR) except Pabst has 210 calories.

Miller light: "GREAT TASTE..... LESS FILLING"

No comments: