Thursday, October 8, 2009

HORROR!!


So it's the wonderful month of October. My favorite month of the year! Not only is it fall-time, but this is the month that holds my favorite holiday, Halloween. I still have no clue what I am going to be this year, and that is driving me mad. But as always, I'm sure last second I'll pull something awesome together. The one thing I have always wanted to be for Halloween, is half man half woman. I have the costume visualized so perfectly in my head, that until I take the time to buy the clothes and actually sew them together, I refuse to do the costume half-assed.
One side would be a suit and the other side would be a red cocktail dress, sewn up the middle. On the female side I would keep my hair down and curly, wearing make-up, etc. And on the male side I would pull my hair back in a bun and draw on a little mustache. It would be awesome! And since I have yet to do it, I find myself haunted by the lack of planning every year.

Here's a photo of one of my favorite costumes I did, it was the year I went as Jessica Rabbit...

Course most people couldn't tell what I was because I didn't stuff my bra enough. Let's see, that had to have been in 2006, cause I was living w/ charlotte still...

Anyways, the reason I wrote this blog was because I have found myself talking about horror movies lately. I realize that since I am a movie buff, and a horror freak, I tend to know more horror movies then most people. I debated making a list of all of my favorites, the ones that really scared me sleep-less, starting with "Pet Cemetery" all the way up to "The Ring." But I have yet to compile that list, as I know it will take a pretty minute. So instead I have decided to tell you about a few horror movies that you have probably never heard of, but totally need to see. All are what you would call 'B' movies with 'B' actors, meaning you've probably never heard of them and they never went to theaters, but none-the-less, they are good. Great even. The story lines both are totally unique even though at first glance you wouldn't think so. And both of them are a very clever kind of scary.

Without further ado,
here are the three movies that you MUST rent and watch,
in this wonderful month of horror!!


THE ABANDONED

AND

MADHOUSE


And then one of my all time favorite horror flicks, that still to this day gives me the chills whenever I watch it:


THE CHANGELING
(not to be confused with the new movie that just came out w/ Angelina Jolie)

Great movies that deserve more recognition. I will still probably make a list of my favorites -maybe just the top ten- for those of you looking for a good scare this month. Till then,

HAPPY HAUNTINGS!!!


No comments: