Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blackout.

I have been meaning to post this blog for a pretty minute now... But as you may or may not know, I work at a flower shop, and last weekend was Valentine's day.. therefore, I haven't had a whole lot of free time. And the free time I did have, I spent with my favoritest of people. :)

Last week we did a "lights out" massage. We had to do an entire massage in the pitch black. At first hearing of it, I was a little nervous... I mean, giving a massage when you can't see anything? SOO many things could go wrong... but they didn't. And I tell ya, the experience was insane. My teacher also brought in a heater, therefore turning it into a "blackout bikram massage."
Now while most everyone else thought the heater was a great idea... Of course, little Ms hot-blooded Crystal was burning up!!!

During my turn of giving the massage, there were 2 or 3 times that I LITERALLY forgot where I was and what I was doing!!! Has that EVER happened to you?? I really can't say that I remember that happening to me so intensely. One time I had to be reminded what I was doing, MID-STROKE! All the heat and the blackness and the trippy didgeridoo music that was playing clearly really got to my head and put me in an instantaneous meditative state. It was pretty damn interesting.


Speaking of blackness... I watched this documentary on Hulu the other night about Black Holes.
-I may or may not have watched it whilest drinking wine in the bathtub. Does that make me nerd? Oh well... Watch it. You'll love it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/14906/black-holes-the-other-side-of-infinity




I love having the universe put life into perspective the way only the universe can. Showing us just how tiny and insignificant our lives are... Really makes all your problems and woah's seem pretty ridiculous. It tends to have both a heavy and a lightening feeling to it. A relief and a burden all in one. I don't really know how to put it into words.

The Universe is a trip.
Our world is a trip.
Our bodies are a trip.
Life is a trip.

No comments: