Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out with the old...

...in with the new.

So I'll be moving into my new apartment this weekend. The tricky part? I was just told TODAY that I can start moving in TOMORROW, but that I have to be totally out of my current place BEFORE saturday!!!! Um... okay!!?? Nothing like short timing! Especially since I work and have school today and tomorrow... and then work again Friday!! Geez...
But fortunatly I have great friends who are offering to help. (you guys totally rock) I guess I'll just be spending some late nights hauling stuff over. I'm totally stoked on getting my new place though! Even though it is smaller than the one I have now... it's all about the feel of a place, and the new place has a much better feel to it.
On the same subject of "out with the old, in with the new," I started a cleanse this week.
[I finally did it!] It's similar to the master cleanse, only not as harsh on your body because there are supplement pills to go along with it. (plus there's no nasty cayenne pepper in the mix, ick!) If you are interested in learning about the cleanse I'm doing, you can read about it at: http://www.mlis.com/nu_detoxification.html
I'm not doing this to loose weight (though that would be an added bonus), I'm doing this because I have been learning all about the ins and outs of our body and I know how absolutely disgusting our colons can get over time, so I figured, what better time than now to give mine a good ole cleaning.
So on Monday I just ate fruits and veggies all day... You're supposed to do this for two days, but since I barely ate on Sunday (and it was mostly stir fry veggies) I just did one day of fruits and veggies. (plus I was anxious to get started) Yesterday was my first day doing the drink, which is lemon juice, distilled water, and pure maple syrup (which was DAMN expensive!! thanks whole foods!). It's actually really good! I thought I would have a hard time drinking it all, but I find myself actually wanting more than the alloted amount. And you know what? I haven't even felt hungry!! A few times a day I will get hunger pains, but I just drink some more mix and remind my body that it's getting all the nutrients it needs and it goes away. Plus I've had way more energy than expected. Even more than regularly! Take that morning coffee!
The pills are the hardest part. There are 2 cleansing pills, 2 detox pills, and 8 fiber pills you take.... TWICE daily. I hate pills. I hate taking pills. I've never been good at it. I was the type of kid where I had to have the liquid form or mom had to hide the pills in my oatmeal or whatever. Yesterday, for the first time IN MY LIFE, I swallowed FOUR pills at once!!! It was immediatly followed by a solo dance of celebration in my kitchen. :) Mom would be so proud.

Again, on the subject of new beginnings... I am sorta starting to get spiritual guidance from my Thai Chi teacher (Clint). Nothing is officially happening yet, as I feel I should probably graduate school before I totally devote myself to cleaning out my mind and soul. (I'm already working on cleaning out my body.) There's a list I have to go through, and I take certain situations or people from the past, or present, that I am holding resentful feelings towards and I go through this check list..... well I won't get into it, but it is the beginning of clearing everything out of my system. *sigh of relief*
I am ecstatic to go through the entire spiritual process. To go through life without a care in the world (like Clint does), just sounds devine.
Now for fun, here's a couple notes from my Theraputic Wellness class:

"Spirituality is our own concept of living based on our experiences. Therefore, our spirit is made from our belief system. Every belief is accompanied with some sort of emotion. The greater the emotional factor, the stronger the belief."

"Those who don't live within their personal beliefs are not at peace. Those that find guidance and live in alignment of it, are more at peace with themselves. Therefore, more at peace with the world."

"Ego is the destroyer of all spirituality."

_________________________________________

Also something we talked about in class that I just love and want to share, the definition of insanity:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome."

Think about that. I mean, really, really think about it.
_________________________________________

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my school?!?

Well I guess that's all for now. I really honestly have almost NO free time anymore. The sad part, is that some people still haven't caught on to that concept, and they continue to invite me to things on weeknights that sound oh-so-fun! Alas, I am never able to participate. I find myself thinking back to the days when I would get off work and be able to do just whatever I wanted, which usually consisted of the gym, followed by a movie and cocktails. Those were nice relaxing days. But honestly, I'm surprised how how quickly school is going...only two more weeks till next term! This year is going to fly by, and then come 2011, I can be self employed! (If I should choose to do so.) I see much travel, and many vacations in my future. :)

Life is great. Dare I say, ...I'm violently happy.

Loves to all,
Crystal Ann


~MY GRACE ATE YOUR KARMA~

No comments: