Friday, December 25, 2009

Tis' the season to be jolly!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! This is most certainly NOT my favorite holiday of all time, but I can definitely appreciate a nice day off work relaxing with my Mom, some soy nog, tea, a fire, and me and mom's adorable little "christmas tree" (which is a plant with christmas lights on it). ha.
I also like that the holiday sorta forces you to keep in contact with family and friends... while Mom and I opted to stay home and spend Christmas alone together this year, yesterday (after a horrible half day of work) I made sure to visit a good handful of friends to give them their gifts. As far as I can tell, all of my friends have been naughty this year; therefore, my gift to each one of them was coal. Seriously, coal. And a bottle of Pink champagne, so they can continue to be naughty into this next year. :) Everyone thought it was precious. (including myself--thank you dollar tree) Also, you can regift it!!! Nothing better than being able to recycle gifts and continue spreading the christmas cheer. :)

[the note says: "Santa told me you've been naughty... (so was I)
Merry Christmas anyways."]



They're only pretending not to like the coal....


Also, for those of you who didn't receive one (my bad), here is a copy of my Christmas card this year. Thank god (or santa? or Austin?) that it is better than the one last year!! At least this year I don't look 100 pounds heavier than I actually am! -Just to be on the safe side though, I decided to bundle up.- Oh and there was just no way to make Bjork not look scared.



Thank you Austin for helping me with this! It turned out great!

SO, I hope everyone's doing whatever they enjoy doing on this here holiday. I also hope everyone took two hours out of their day to watch Christmas Vacation.... because what's a christmas without the Griswalds?!? As for me, I am very much looking forward to Geoff's annual "family of friends" Christmas party (that I should be getting ready for). I think by the end of the week I will have seen the majority of my favorite people that I used to hang out with back in High School.... YAY for reunions and reminiscing. :)


OH AND I finally got me a tea kettle! I get so excited when it whistles at me!! hehe. Mom bought Tazo tea instead though... it's good, but not as good as Yogi tea of course. However, I do love the sayings on the back:
"After Mt. Mazama erupted 7,700 years ago, thre was a spot in the southern Cascades where you could feel the warmth of the lava and the cool of the jet stream. Drinking a cup of Refresh tea is sort of like that."
Doesn't that make it sound delictably devine?!
and...


"True passion is intoxicating and invigorating, soothing and sensuous, mysterious and magical. We just thought you should know what you're in for."


Loves it. But I'm thinkin it's almost time to switch to the poison....


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!

No comments: