Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A few movies to mention

The Invention of Lying
I just want to share with everyone that this movie, is one of the funniest movies I've seen in quite a while! So clever, so original, and so immensely entertaining to watch.
Ricky Gervais is a comical genius!!
A world where people can't lie... wow, what a concept.
SEE IT!


This movie was just as I expected it to be. Very cute, and very real. The relationship they portray is so relate-able, at least for most people. The heartbreak is also very relate-able (again for most) and actually pretty tangible. I loved the storyline and especially the ending.
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
(Plus, it has Zooey Deschanel... who I am totally smitten by... so that was a bonus)


Now I bring this movie up because most people haven't seen it, or even heard of it... which is just sad. This movie in its original form (from 2007) is totally and completely HYSTERICAL!!! I actually own it...and I don't own a ton of movie. It is laugh-out-loud comical!

The reason I'm really writing about this movie, is that I recently found out that they have already made a re-make of it that will be coming out next month. Why fix something when it ain't broke?!? I think this is so ridiculous. I guess they thought it needed more black people..??
!!NO OFFENSE!!!
I just really don't understand why they would re-make a film only three years after it's release. ???

Here's the new one:

This is a paragraph I copied from IMDB in reference to the new version of this film:

"This movie is a remake of a 2007 movie of the same name, Death at a Funeral (2007). Although Hollywood has a history of making American versions of foreign films, the original versions are usually in a language other than English. This is not the case here, however, since the original film was a British production and filmed in English, with an American director (who was, as it happens, born in England) and several American actors (including Peter Dinklage, who repeats his role in the remake). This is a very unusual case of a remake being made very quickly of an English-language movie that had a theatrical release in the US (albeit not a very successful one)."

I plan to see the new one of course... To see how it compares to the old one.
I'm sure it will be funny because the script is wonderful, and they got a very good cast for it.


That's all for now.

No comments: