Monday, April 6, 2009

Ask and you shall receive.

A few months ago, as per my friend's advice, I went and got my cards read by an Angel Card Reader. Now without getting into my religious views, let's just say that I went into it just to see what it was all about, just to take whatever positive advice he had to give to help pull me out of the 'rut' I've found myself in. As it turns out, it was a WONDERFUL experience! He knew things about my life that he couldn't possibly know, therefore making me invest more belief in what he had to say to me. To make a long story short, he went on and on about how I really need to persue my dream of becoming a writer. --Being a professional writer has always been that dream of mine that I constantly shove to the back of my mind while thinking, "Oh I could never actually make a career out of that." But why not?! Other people have... so why not me?!
So for the last few months, I have been trying to write more, and racking my brain to come up with some good story lines and/or plot lines, etc. Now the card reader also said that my "angels" mostly communicate with me through my dreams. Now if you're reading this and you actually know me, you know that I have the most vivid, life-like dreams of anyone I know. If I get wronged by someone in a dream, I will hold resentful feelings for that person for the entire next day, knowing that those negative feelings are undeserved. But I digress, my dreams tend to also be WAY out there. Story lines that could only be made up from schitzophrenics or someone (like me) who has wildly all over the place dreams.

Now don't get all excited and think that I am going to start writing my dreams on here... though it would be an incredibly interesting read... As I have mentioned, I am going to use my dreams to try and write a novel. If I were to post them on the internet I would be risking someone else stealing my ideas and using them for their own.
(oh and speaking of which, I learned that Stephanie Meyer, wrote all of the "twilight" series, based on a dream she had. Go figure.)

Finally to get to my point: Yesterday, my Mom and I went out to the lady's house that I now clean for, for a little Birthday celebration. After ____ glasses of wine/champagne, we started into a whole converstation about my said 'writing career'. She got really into it. In fact, she was so excited about it, that she got me excited about it all over again. And that's when she said it.... the words I've been wanting to hear for many years now... "Can I be your mentor?" She asked.

!!!!!!! I have literally been asking (the God's I guess) for someone to send me a mentor!!! I was ecstatic by the question! Naturally, I exploded into excitment telling her how much I've longed for a mentor, and without hesitation, she started right into giving me 'homework.' Thank you my fairy Godmother!
She also agrees that my dreams are going to be my lunch ticket!
(Is that phrase still used anymore?)

To wrap this up, I just want to say how excited I am to be getting help with my writing. Any advice any one else would have for me, i.e. books I should read, etc. Please feel free to write me and let me know. I am also excited for when me and my Mom hit the road in the next couple of months. Traveling around the Country will do nothing but open doors and windows to stories and characters I can start writing about!
Well that's all the gushing I will do for today. So let me you leave with these quotes:

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
--David Viscott--
"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."
--Epictetus--

Sincerely,

Hopeful for the future

No comments: