Friday, April 17, 2009

Eclipse!!! Holy Crow!!

--Yes, brace yourself, this is going to be another Twilight blog... I can't help it!!---
Dear Stephanie Meyer,

You might as well be a drug dealer. I'm serious. You are good. Too good! The way you end your chapters is one thing.. keeping us on the edge of our seat, only hinting towards what is to come, always pleading for us to keep going. But the fact that you end your books like that too!?!?! It's almost mental torture for those of us who can NOT shake the story out of our head! I am almost constantly daydreaming about the events in Forks, finding it difficult to pull myself back into the boring reality I live in. I just have to say that I am so, so, SOOOO HAPPY that I am late in the process of getting addicted. If I actually had to wait however long for the next book to come out I think it would drive me into insanity!! I'm so glad that I waited (not intentionally) until was able to buy the box set, complete with all four books, so I can start onto the next one as soon as I want.
I have to say that at this point 'Eclipse' (book #3) is so far my favorite. There is so much character development, and so much collaboration, or, bringing together of the main characters. And the way you ended it!!! Oh my goodness! How dare you! --I can't even believe that I'm about to say this-- but it makes me want to tell everyone that I'm too busy to hang out this weekend and spend the whole 2 1/2 days off work reading the last book!! (if only I really had the free time to do that) All I have to say is that the final book had BETTER have a very solid ending. If you leave me wanting more after that you will get a very bitter and angry letter!!
(and I might actually send that one to you!)

However, I would also like to congratulate you again for writing such an amazingly intriguing series. It has been the perfect distraction for me! Just when I needed it the most. What a nice break from reality. I bet if you really felt like it, you could put out one of these books each year and us fans would just eat them up year after year! You inspire me. I hope someday I can write a book so engrossing and enjoyable to read.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
An Avidly Addicted Fan



P.S. 'I included "holy crow" in my title because you use that in the book a few times, and it totally sounds like such a Utahn term, it makes me giggle.

No comments: